Evaluation of the Solent Apprenticeship Hub
1.1. The purpose of this tender is to invite proposals from experienced, independent organisations to evaluate the Solent Apprenticeship Hub (SAH).
1.2. SAH is an ESF funded project designed to improve the volume and quality of apprenticeship provision across the Solent LEP region. This is achieved through a number of means, such as:
• Promoting the value of apprenticeships through campaigns, marketing collateral and blogs/webinars to a range of audiences.
• Assessing business skills’ needs an-d matching that to apprenticeship standards/options.
• Brokering apprenticeship solutions for businesses to an approved pool of apprenticeship training providers.
• Offering impartial advice and guidance to employers and individuals.
• Benchmarking regional provision to instil greater confidence in apprenticeship delivery.
1.3. The SAH is currently due to run from 1 October 2018 until 31 August 2021. The formative evaluation therefore provides an opportunity to assess the effectiveness of SAH to date; the impact within the Solent LEP region and highlight lessons learnt with a view to:
a) informing the remainder of the delivery timeframe;
b) informing future strategic and operational interventions to increase the volume, breadth and quality of apprenticeship provision; and
c) informing a sustainable model of delivery post the contract end date.
1.3. A cross-cutting programme management evaluation will also consider the approach by Southampton City Council, as the lead partner, to meet the SAH tender specification and objectives/aspirations set out by Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), steering group members, employers and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). This will also seek to establish and demonstrate the added value generated by SAH that can subsequently inform a coherent and comprehensive programme evaluation framework that Solent LEP and partners can use to inform similar initiatives in the future.
Value of Contract
Estimated Annual Value